Coronavirus & your care at West Brunswick Clinic
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your care at West Brunswick Clinic
To keep our clinic safe for you and our team during COVID-19 we have implemented some temporary changes at West Brunswick Clinic.
Until further notice, Telehealth (phone or video consultations) will be our preferred method of consultation. Please book an initial Telehealth appointment for all matters. This can be done online, through our booking app or by calling the front desk.
Your doctor may still arrange a face-to-face consultation with you if required after your initial phone or video consultation. This applies if you are due for an injection (e.g. B12 or osteoporosis (Prolia), vaccinations or a procedure (e.g. cervical screening or skin check). The telehealth consultation will be valuable in reducing the overall time you spend in the clinic.
Face to face consultations
If you are attending the clinic for a face to face consultation, the door will be locked and you will be asked screening questions to ensure you are not bringing COVID-19 into the clinic. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or runny nose you may be asked to reschedule.
You can also choose to wait in your car or outside the clinic instead of in the waiting room. Please call the clinic on 93879088 when you arrive so that the doctor knows you are waiting. We will phone you when the doctor is ready for your appointment so that you can come straight in.
We are not a coronavirus screening clinic
If you have travelled overseas in the last 14 days and have cold and flu symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, sore throat or cough), it is important that you do not enter the clinic.
If you think you might have coronavirus, please call the dedicated coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398 which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please keep 000 for emergencies only.
If you are unsure about your symptoms and would like medical advice, please make a Telehealth appointment with our doctors.
It is still very important to have routine vaccinations during this COVID-19 outbreak. We strongly encourage immunisation against influenza this season. Vaccinations can be booked by calling our clinic on 9387 9088.
- We have implemented social distancing measures, increased our infection control procedures and are cleaning more thoroughly and frequently in line with Department of Health guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- We ask that you do not bring extra people to your appointment unless absolutely necessary e.g. your carer
- We have limited the number of patients that can be waiting in our clinic waiting room.
- We are not currently accepting cash. Please come prepared to pay your account via EFTPOS or credit card.
- Please do not attend the clinic without an appointment
The following websites have comprehensive and up to date COVID-19 advice.
- For general COVID-19 advice
- For mental health support during this difficult time
- For support regarding intimate partner violence
- For Pregnancy and women’s health
- For families with children