Coronavirus (COVID-19) and your care at West Brunswick Clinic
To keep our clinic safe for you and our team during COVID-19 we have implemented some changes at West Brunswick Clinic.
Telehealth (phone or video consultations) is available for all patients. Patients must be seen in person at West Brunswick Clinic in the last 12 months to be eligible for the Medicare rebate.
We also offer privately billed telehealth appointments.
Your doctor may still arrange a face-to-face consultation with you if required after your initial phone or video consultation.
Face to face consultations
If you are attending the clinic for a face to face consultation, please press the intercom to advise reception that you have arrived. You will then be asked screening questions to ensure that you are safe to enter the clinic. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat or runny nose, you may be asked to present for a COVID-19 test and advised to reschedule.
You can also choose to wait in your car or outside the clinic instead of in the waiting room. Please call the clinic on 93879088 when you arrive so that the doctor knows you are waiting. We will phone you when the doctor is ready for your appointment so that you can come straight in.
We are not a COVID-19 screening clinic
PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer Covid testing, vaccinations or Rapid Antigen Testing at the West Brunswick Clinic.
If you have cold and flu symptoms (fever, shortness of breath, sore throat or cough), it is important that you do not enter the clinic.
Alternatively, our GPs recommend visiting a respiratory clinic who will be dressed in appropriate PPE attire and prepared to see patients with Covid-19 symptoms. Services are available to people with or without a Medicare card, at no cost to the patient. Their details can be found below:
- Ascot Vale Respiratory Clinic (M3 Health)
- Broadmeadows Respiratory Clinic (DPV Health)
- Derrimut Respiratory Clinic (Derrimut Medicals)
- Sunshine Respiratory Clinic (Sunshine City Medical Centre)
More information can be found on their websites. You can also visit NWMPHN for more respiratory clinic options.
If you think you might have COVID-19, please call the dedicated COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398 which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please keep 000 for emergencies only.
If you are unsure about your symptoms and would like medical advice, please make a telehealth appointment with our doctors.
COVID vaccine booking information
To find out if you are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine and to make a booking at the closest hub, please use the Vaccine Eligibility Checker. You can also call to make an appointment on 1800 675 398 and follow the prompts, select option 3 – option 2 – option 2.
It is still very important to have routine vaccinations during this COVID-19 outbreak. We strongly encourage immunisation against influenza this season. Vaccinations can be booked by calling the clinic.
- We have implemented social distancing measures, increased our infection control procedures and are cleaning more thoroughly and frequently in line with Department of Health guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- We ask that you do not bring extra people to your appointment unless absolutely necessary e.g. your carer
- We have limited the number of patients that can be waiting in our clinic waiting room.
- We are not currently accepting cash. Please come prepared to pay your account via EFTPOS or credit card.
- Please do not attend the clinic without an appointment.
The following websites have comprehensive and up to date COVID-19 advice.
For general COVID-19 advice
For mental health support
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Suicide Callback Service – 1300 659 467
For support regarding intimate partner violence
For pregnancy and women’s health
For families with children
Book your appointment today
9 Melville Rd, Brunswick West, 3055
(03) 9387 4238
Monday to Friday: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am to 11:30am
Sunday & Public Holidays: Closed